Identify system in RoS

• By the looks of it blizz removed ID of rares. I hope it is only for the beta couse Identify items is fun, its like open christmas presents and u never know whats in it.. it gives more tension and excitment to know what powerfull stats are hiding behind that ? and bring scroll of ID back also for Exp.
  • 20/11/2013 17:15Posted by Nezarth
    I hope it is only for the beta couse Identify items is fun

Right now we are testing how the item game feels if you only have to ID legendaries, because the real magic happens with the legendaries ;-)

As usual, this is of course subject to change. After all, this is just the beta and not the final game.

It should be said as well that we have also seen plenty of feedback from people who do not think having to ID items is very fun.

20/11/2013 17:15Posted by Nezarth
    it gives more tension and excitment to know what powerfull stats are hiding behind that ?

That is a good point for sure, but isn't this kind of tension and excitement sort of the same thing as when you see that yellow item drop on the ground and you don't know the stats on it until you have picked it up?

Love to read more opinions on this topic, so please post away people :-)
  • Sorry to be... maybe a little too officious but...
    In fact you dont need to pick an item up to know the stats, hover with ctrl pressed is still an option UNLESS it was removed in beta. Ofc i mean the identified beta rare items case. Hence, in fact its not the same kind of tension imho as having to pick up an item in order to id it and only then know the stats. Peace.

No need to be sorry my friend :-)

The ctrl+hover option to check stats is not used by everyone, and for those who don't use it the tension and excitement might be the same kind, but for those who do use this option to check stats on drops I totally get that it is different.