General Paragon 2.0 question.

• Should I level characters to like lvl 50 paragon and then start a new character instead of grinding each individual one all the way to 100?

Naturally getting two characters to 50 vs 1 character to 100 is the same paragon # but would be much faster if you split it up.

For example, you run into a guy with 2000 play hrs on one paragon 100 character vs another person with 8 characters at 100 paragon with the same amount of hours. The player with 8 characters has equivalent hours but is rewarded far greater with the new system.

This is annoying because I don't want to roll more then one character but I kind of feel like I'm forced to with the Paragon 2.0 info. I don't like the idea of a "main" character being on equal levels as someone who put a fourth of the time into the game as someone else.

I don't know, I guess I'm kind of out of luck on this one.
  • 11/01/2013 03:43 PMPosted by EchoPhase
    Goes by exp gained. If I had a Para 50 barb and a Para 50 DH, it would not equal a para 100 in Para. 2.0

This is pretty accurate.

Your paragon level in Paragon 2.0 will be determined by the total amount of Paragon experience you have earned up until when the patch goes live. That experience total across all characters will then become your account-wide Paragon level (meaning, it applies to all of your characters). While we don't have an exact number just yet, remember that higher Paragon levels take more experience to earn.

The one exception is that Paragon levels for Hardcore and Normal characters will be calculated separately from one another. So if you enjoy both modes and would like to have Paragon levels prepared ahead of time, be sure to level up characters in both modes!
  • 11/01/2013 04:23 PMPosted by OWD
    One of the materials shown are from Nightmare difficulty. I wonder if it's just a placeholder icon.

O.o Think ya may have wandered into the wrong thread, friend...

11/01/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Peter
    Was there a decision if my dead HC characters count towards the experience?

I believe this is still being looked into. Of course, bear in mind that a decision could still be changed down the road based on feedback from the community and additional testing. =)