How/why did you pick your first character?

• I'm curious. I know there have been posts on the lines of "What is your favorite class" or "Why do you like a certain class," etc.

But when you first got the game, what made you decide to pick a certain class over another? Just because it's your favorite? Or is there more to the story?

For me, I picked the wizard to start because it was the only class that none of my RL friends picked. I was originally going to go with a DH, but two of my friends already decided to run the DH as their first/main character. Two others picked barb. Another picked a WD. And the last one picked a monk. That left me with the wizard.

The rest is history.
    Twitter: @Jaetch
  • My first experience with Diablo III was at Blizzcon 2011 playing the demo. I'm not sure why, but the Wizard called to me and I absolutely loved it. I enjoy the idea of having all the elements at my beck and call. My fate was pretty much sealed when I found out one of my favorite voice actors (and people) was the male counterpart.

I was thiiiiiis close to naming my first Wizard "Zelgadis."
  • I love playing ranged casters, and truth to be told, I picked my first character based off of her voice! When I first heard the female Wizard speak, I instantly recognized the voice actor as being from another series I enjoy ("Avatar: The Last Airbender"), and decided it would be fun to journey along through Sanctuary with her commanding voice leading the way. :)
  • 10/01/2013 04:54 PMPosted by MissyChrissy
    I love playing ranged casters, and truth to be told, I picked my first character based off of her voice! When I first heard the female Wizard speak, I instantly recognized the voice actor as being from another series I enjoy ("Avatar: The Last Airbender"), and decided it would be fun to journey along through Sanctuary with her commanding voice leading the way. :)

I recognized the voice actor for the Templar as the guy from the TV show Enterprise. Made me chuckle.
    Wait wait! I totally recognized him too, but was never able to place where I recognized him from! What character did he play on Enterprise?
  • Wait wait! I totally recognized him too, but was never able to place where I recognized him from! What character did he play on Enterprise?

Lieutenant Malcolm Reed!
    *!!!* ... this fact just totally made my day, thank you!

(I recently watched the entirety of Enterprise, and it really ended too soon!)
  • A female Barbarian. Because I wanted to name her Cleavage.

It's the simple pleasures in life.
  • 10/02/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Jaetch
    I've always tabbed you as a monk.

My first HC character was a Monk. That counts, right? (RIP Arya)