Monster Density Patch Note Clarification

• In the latest PTR patch notes for build 16033, we noted that "certain areas in Act I and Act II have received further adjustments to Monster Density." We've seen some players ask what zones this change applies to, so here's a bit more information.

Zones that are bolded received a straight-up buff to their density.
    Zones that are italicized were slightly nerfed.
    All other zones had monster spawns adjusted to make them feel more "clumpy."

Act I:

• The Lyceum
    • Cave of the Moon Clan Level 1
    • Weeping Hollow
    • Cathedral Level 1
    • Cathedral Level 2
    • Leoric’s Hunting Grounds
    • Whimsyshire

Act II:

• Realm of Shadow
    • Dahlgur Oasis
    • Vile Cavern
    • The Storm Halls
    • The Unknown Depths
    • The Eastern Channel
    • The Western Channel

Thank you to everyone who's posted about the density changes so far; your feedback is incredibly appreciated. We're still fine tuning monster density across all Acts, so please be sure to keep sharing your thoughts and experiences from the PTR. :)
  • So what type of Monster Density are you talking about? Is is just mobs? Elite packs or a mixture of both?

The zones that are bolded had their density increased (i.e. there are now more monsters). These zones include:

• Leoric’s Hunting Grounds
    • Whimsyshire
    • Vile Caverns

The ones that aren't bolded had their density adjusted so that there are less groups spawning overall, but the number of monsters in each group has increased. This should give a feeling of “clumpiness” where you see big packs of monsters and some open spaces. These zones include:

• The Lyceum
    • Cave of the Moon Clan Level 1
    • Weeping Hollow
    • Cathedral Level 1
    • Cathedral Level 2
    • The Storm Halls
    • The Unknown Depths
    • The Eastern Channel
    • The Western Channel
    • Dahlgur Oasis

Hope that helps!

Is act 4 going to be worked on? It seems like a lot of players were interested to play this act but many comment that its still too bare.

We're still tuning density across all Acts, and this includes Act IV. We just haven't made any additional changes to it just yet.