Monster Density: Spawn Pacing and Feel

• Hey everyone!

We really appreciate the feedback we're seeing on monster density (please keep it up!), but there's one area where we would appreciate a little more input.

We've seen a few players state that, in some areas, while density feels good, the pacing of monster spawns seems like it's a little too "evenly spaced" and methodical. If you'd had this same experience, let us know!

• In what areas do monster spawns seem too evenly spaced (i.e. in constant stream)?

• In what areas do you think monster spawns feel more "clumpy" and unpredictable (i.e. packs of lots of monsters with breaks in between)?

• Which do you prefer?
  • Just to clarify! This thread isn't about monster density, specifically, or whether or not you think certain areas are dense enough vs. others. If you'd like to provide feedback about the new density balancing, please feel free to create a new thread in this forum or hop into an existing one. :)

For this topic, we're just focusing how you feel about the current pacing of monster spawns. Do you think the spawn rate feels too methodical, like there's just a non-stop stream of enemies? Do you like that, or do you prefer to have more spread-out groups of monsters that are less predictable?

These questions are what we're really looking for feedback on:

• In what areas do monster spawns seem too evenly spaced (i.e. in constant stream)?

• In what areas do you think monster spawns feel more "clumpy" and unpredictable (i.e. packs of lots of monsters with breaks in between)?

• Which do you prefer?
  • You know, the Weeping Hollow feels really predictable and evenly spaced. It's almost like I can expect an elite pack every few screen lengths.

If this is what you're referring to. I am indeed experiencing it.

Yup, this is exactly the kind of feedback we're looking for.

Do you have a good example of where monsters felt (to you) like they were spawning in groups? So, large packs of monsters, then spaces of nothing after.

Also, which do you prefer?