Error 12 + Issues Retrieving Hero List

• Update 10/3: We believe we have a possible fix for players experiencing issues with the Retrieving Hero List step or getting an Error 12 while logging into the PTR. The problem itself is on the account's side, so we'll need to implement the fix with the next PTR build, which is currently scheduled to deploy this Thursday. Should we make any changes to our schedule for the PTR that would push the deploy past Thursday, I'll be sure to provide an update in this thread.

In the meantime, we don't need any further D3Debug.txt files. Thank you to everyone who did share your files, though; they were extremely helpful in troubleshooting this issue. :)

-----

We're aware that many players are still experiencing Error 12 as well issues with the PTR client closing to desktop during the "Retrieving Hero List" step when logging in. We're working to resolve these issues as quickly as we can, but we could use your help.

Located in your "Diablo III Public Test" folder, you should find a D3Debug.txt file. If you've encountered Error 12 or are having your client close to your desktop on login and are willing to post the contents of that file in this thread, we'd definitely appreciate it. Alternatively, you can also email the information to [email protected].

Thank you!
  • Quick update for everyone:

We believe we have a possible fix for players experiencing issues with the Retrieving Hero List step or getting an Error 12 while logging into the PTR. The problem itself is on the account's side, so we'll need to implement the fix with the next PTR build, which is currently scheduled to deploy this Thursday. Should we make any changes to our schedule for the PTR that would push the deploy past Thursday, I'll be sure to provide an update in this thread.

In the meantime, we don't need any further D3Debug.txt files. Thank you to everyone who did share your files, though; they were extremely helpful in troubleshooting this issue. :)
  • PTR is back online. Can you please attempt to log in and let me know if you continue to experience any issues?