Disconnects & Errors Switching Hero @ Login

• ya basically keep getting disconnected from server and error switching hero at login screen i dont even get to get to the player creation screen.... wth is going on? i logged in earlier and tried to create a player but it errored on me and wouldnt creat the player so is my account the only one stuck in the player creation limbo because what happened earlier?
  • Thanks for the reports! We're looking into issues with players connecting (and remaining connected) to the PTR client currently and will provide updates as we troubleshoot.
  • We're going to be restarting the PTR shortly, so hold onto your butts. :)

Downtime should be minimal, but it may take between 30 minutes to an hour to get everything fixed. I'll post an update to this thread once the PTR is back online or if it looks like additional downtime might be needed.
  • We're still investigating the issues players have reported regarding account creation, character creation, and disconnects, and are working to fix those issues as soon as we can. Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA to share at this time for when the PTR will be back up, but I'll continue to share updates as they become available to me.

In the meantime, if you want a great Jurassic Park quote, you can't go wrong with "I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!" (You tell'm, Lex.)
  • 09/21/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Unclemarty
    Strange, I log in with no problems and my friend gets disconnected. Hope you guys can fix so all these people can play :)

We're definitely working on it. It's a test realm, so performance issues are expected, but we want to provide players with as stable an experience as possible. Right now, a few players are able to log in at a time, but in general most people are unable to play. We're doing what we can to get everyone online, but we don't know when that will be at this point. We still have a few issues to work through, and we'll keep plugging way until they're resolved.

Again, no ETA to share at this point, but we'll absolutely provide an update once there's more information available.
  • 09/21/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Nich
    Lylirra, you failed.... to provide another Jurassic Park quote.

What did I touch?

You're still at work? -.-

OT ftw!

Headed home soon, I swear. :)

Before I go, though, I'm going to lock up this post and redirect you fine gentlemen (and ladies) here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679367924