The Final Word on Legendaries (not Mempo) PLZ

• Please please please explicity clarify this!

A select few legendaries are not rolling properly despite Vasadan's team attesting to otherwise.

My team has spent the last two days testing every single Legendary item in the game. We tested the ones being reported as bugs as well as the other more popular ones.

All Legendary items are rolling their set and random affixes correctly.

As of right now, there is nothing wrong with the affixes being rolled on your Legendary items. This includes Legendary items being rolled in 1.0.4 retail as well as 1.0.5 PTR.

Props to Vasadan for testing every legendary. However, the final statement that Legendaries items being rolled properly in 1.04 causes much concern.

There are a select few Legendaries (Mempo of Twighlight is fixed on PTR) that definitely are not rolling properly and this requires clarification.

This quote right here:

As of right now, there is nothing wrong with the affixes being rolled on your Legendary items. This includes Legendary items being rolled in 1.0.4 retail as well as 1.0.5 PTR.

Yet despite this above quote:
    Vasadan's acknowledged there could be an issue with Natalya's Embrace:

According to our in-game data, this item [Natalya's Embrace] is not supposed to pull the 170-200 affix before random affixes, meaning you will not be able to get over ~180 Dex on this item. However, this is listed in the game guide and on other online sites as you all have pointed out. I'm going to put a bug in for this specific affix not rolling on this item and see what our designers say. I am not sure what is intended here.

The main attribute rolls on Natalya's Embrace (one of a select few) are still not rolling properly.

How did the team miss this on initial testing? Because random properties can roll main stats and make a low rolled legendary appear like a high rolled legendary.

Set Chests: These are accurately reflected by the game guide:
    --- 1.) Blackthorne's Sucoat correctly rolls 170-200 Vitality
    --- 2.) Immortal King's Eternal Reign correctly rolls 170-200 Strength
    --- 3.) Inna's Vast Expanse correctly rolls 170-200 Dexterity
    --- 4.) Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit correctly rolls 170-200 Intelligence
    --- 5.) Zunimassa's Marrow correctly rolls 170-200 Intelligence

Set Chests: These are not accurately reflected by the game guide:
    --- !.) Natalya's Embrace does not correctly roll 170-200 Dexterity

It's the only chest that doesn't properly roll its 170-200 affix (acknowledge by Vassadan).

If this intended by the developers, this is a disturbing injustice as the other 5 set chests roll their 170-200 main attribute.

If it's not intended it's a bug.

Which means the following 2 quotes:

All Legendary items are rolling their set and random affixes correctly.

^^^ Are inaccurate

This bug is not unique to Natalya's Embrace.

The following also do not not properly roll the higher affix:
    ---- 1.) Inna's Favor does not correctly roll 170-200 Dexterity
    ---- 2.) Inna's Temperance does not correctly roll 170-200 Dexterity
    ---- 3.) Natalya's Sight does not correctly roll 170-200 Dexterity

Set Helms: These Roll Correctly
    --- 1.) Zunimassa's Vision correctly rolls 170-200 Intelligence
    --- 2.) Immortal King's Triumph correctly rolls 170-200 Strength
    --- 3.) Inna's Radiance correctly rolls 170-200 Dexterity
    --- 4.) Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom correctly rolls 170-200 Intelligence

Set Helms: These Roll Incorrectly
    ---- 1.) Natalya's Sight does not correctly roll 170-200 Dexterity

Why do almost all of the set pieces correctly roll the high main stat, but a few do not?

If it is intended to not let most of the Set Pieces roll their 170-200 main stat, but not let a few set pieces roll the 170-200 main stat before random affixes, we should receive a clarification that it is by design.

EDIT: Kegsta at the bottom of this page, posted some info that might be accurate. check it out

Thanks
  • BoneQuad,

I have given more than enough clarification on these issues.

The Game Guide has many errors in regards to the properties an item can roll. The Web Team is currently looking at it.

I was wrong about Mempo of Twilight on 1.0.4 live. However, in 1.0.5, it is rolling correctly.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794982655?page=3#45

Natalya's Embrace is currently not rolling the 170-200 DEX affix. This is coded into the game, but the Game Guide says otherwise. I am not sure what is intended, so I put a bug in for the developers to look at.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794872469#19

This quote right here:

This was a result of me jumping into a conversation without triple checking my facts. Next time, I will be more careful about using blanket statements.
  • All I am asking is that we wait until the Game Guide is fixed and updated before we continue to make threads saying X Legendary item is not working. The Community or Web Team will post about the Game Guide update when it is done.

I understand that this is very frustrating for a player; it is just as frustrating for me as well because a useful reference guide does not match what in-game results and code tell me.

Please :)
  • 10/11/2012 03:02 AMPosted by Kirtswall
    Can you give us a post when it is fixed (or a topic) just so we know and can check it out and see what stats we're meant to get please? I just think we'll remember easier if we notice on blue tracker that it's been updated.

You bet! I'll update the stickied threads in Bug Report and PTR Bug Report as well.