Pre-downloader stuck at 99%

  • I've got a prob similar to the one in this topic http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4846824970.

    Basically, it gets stuck at 99%, saying it will finish in 2 minutes, but it never ends. I waited for many hours already and nothing happens.

    The first time I tried to install it, l I did it in parts, so, just in case, I deleted the whole thing and started from scratch. I downloaded it all at once and still got the same issue.

    Here is how the downloader has been stuck as:
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/k8q5i

    And here is how the folder is like:
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/zazus
  • Kuryux,

    End it and check the contents of the folder it downloaded. If any of the files still have the .part extension, re-run the downloader (as an admin if on Windows 7 or Vista). It should go through a checking stage and then download anything it still needs.

    You may need to temporarily disable any antivirus apps you have running in case it's having trouble writing the drive due to a permissions issue.

    ____________________________________________________________________
    Support Information Administrator
  • Kuryux,

    Are you sure it's stuck? It could be processing still. For example, I deleted the 3rd Tome file and ran the downloader. It checked the files and got to maybe 60% then started downloading to get what was missing. When it was done and actually said it was finished, it took about a half hour more for it to actually finish, all the while disk activity was visible. This will vary by your computer's performance. The one I ran it on wasn't all that fast and had a lot of other background apps open.

    In case there's something wrong with the data you have, try deleting the .part files and let them be re-downloaded.

    ____________________________________________________________________
    Support Information Administrator