99% Pre-download

• Hello everyone, my D3 pre-download client only gets to 99% (according to the connection log) and freezes there. Is this normal, or should I try to re-install it again?
  • Sméagol ,

How long did you let it sit at that stage? What size is the folder it downloaded?

Go ahead and close out the downloader and try running the Diablo III Setup.exe file inside the folder. It should basically tell you the game isn't released yet.

You can also compare file sizes with what I have.

http://i49.tinypic.com/nn0jdy.jpg

They won't always be the same I've found in cases where the download was interrupted.

The .part file in there is because the download never fully completed. It's a partial file. It might not be a problem really, But I'd start the downloader up and let it check the files which it will do automatically. Just let it go until it actually starts the setup file by itself.

When the downloader finishes doing what it does, it launches the Diablo III Setup.exe file. It can sit on the screen where it says 7.6 Gig out of 7.6 Gig for quite a while. I've closed it then and let it finish both. Closing it early causes the .part files for me but the Setup.exe file still seems to work properly. You may have nothing to worry about.