Downloader Keeps losing 2-4gb of data.

• I will have the downloader running and it will go to like 6gb of 7.6gb and then I will close it and reopen it later in the day and it will get through the checking phase but then it will end up starting at 2gb of 7.6gb and have to re-download everything. I closed it again at 5.7gb of 7.6gb and re-opened it and it had to restart from the very beginning. I did it one more time at 6gb of 7.6gb and it restarted all the way back at 4gb. It seems to stop downloading or slow down to a crawl after 5-6gb which is why I close it but then I have to start completely from the beginning again. Does anyone know why?

I have comcast and I live in western washington if that means anything for my ISP.

I just wanna finish this download because I am leaving on a trip on the 7th and coming back on the 14th and I won't have time if its not installed :( so I wanna get all the bugs working now.

right now its at 5.75gb of 7.6gb and time left is 3 hours, it only took the downloader like 1-2 hours to get to that point, so how is the rest going to take 3 hours?
  • Gdiscyllu,

Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Since it seems to be restarting at different points, it would suggest what it had up until then was ok but the rest was incomplete/corrupted and needed to be downloaded again. Have you tried disabling Peer to Peer and not having it throttle the background downloader in the downloader preferences? Are you running it as an admin?

Try using a wired connection if at all possible.

You'll also need to watch the language you use in here please. Profanity can result in losing your posting privileges.