Diablo 3 Setup

• Every time I attempt to run the setup, the only thing that happens is a window that checks for updates. The bar never moves and the client never runs.
  • Entros ,

Is it hanging on "Updating Setup Files"?

Try deleting the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder, then test again. Make sure you run it as an admin.

Make sure there are no Agent.exe processes running when you run it at first. Also make sure you haven't set any compatibility modes for any of the game files.

Are you trying to get the presale client or run it?

Agent checks to see if it's running already when it starts, if it sees it is, it doesn't load another copy. I don't know why you're seeing two of them.

I suggest deleting what you have and starting fresh, running as an admin where possible. Temporarily disabling any firewalls or Antivirus apps that are running may help as well.

I'd try obtaining it again. I'd probably just rename what you have though rather than deleting it unless you're hurting for space.

Do your file names and sizes match mine?

http://i49.tinypic.com/nn0jdy.jpg

Sounds like you've got one or more security-type apps on there still. All this downloader does is make a couple of folders, download a couple files, and write them to your disk. Permissions seems like the most obvious roadblock according to your description.

Make a new Windows user, add it to the Admin group, log off, boot in selective startup mode, log on with the new user, see if that helps.

(instructions for selective startup)

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/backgroundapps

Delete the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net and
    C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache folders and try again.

Try the new user suggestion I had Dhajire try a few posts up and also delete the folders I suggested deleting too just above.