Unexpected decryption error

• I may be jumping the gun, but every now and then i try and run the game client to see if anything has changed - Ive just tried again and something has changed - Im now getting an error saying "An unexpected decryption error occurred".

As i said, i may be jumping the gun and im not expecting to be able to install the game prior to May 15, but is this something i should be concerned about? Is there an error in my dloaded install package?
  • Devilair,

Actually, I get the same thing if I purposely take the Diablo III Setup.exe out of the folder it's in and try running it all by itself. That leads me to think you may have done the same or you don't have all the files yet from the pre-sale client in the install folder.

Do you have a file called "Installer Tome 1.MPQE" in the same folder as the Diablo III Setup.exe file? Or is it called "Installer Tome 1.MPQE.part" ?

If it's still a .part file, it's not completed yet. I don't know what else to tell you other than to re-run the downloader. It should do a file check and complete anything it's missing in order to create the actual files from the .part files.

Having the .part files means they're all partial and not completed yet. Try re-running the downloader. Temporarily disable any antivirus apps you may be using.

When you ran it the second time, where did you specify as a download location? It needs to be the same you used before. The downloader is going to make the folder where you select so don't select the actual folder it made before or it'll download a second folder again inside the first.

What type of internet connection are you using too? if it's wireless, can you use a wired connection instead?