ATI 6670 HD or ATI 6450 HD

• Hey,

I've been looking around for a computer, since my laptop can't really run D3 that well.. even though its a 512mb card with a 2.5 dual processor.

So i've been looking at these DELL desktops.

Is the $100 difference really worth it?
    i'll eventually upgrade the G-Card.
  • halas,

Between those two choices, the 6770 is a lot better, though it's still only rated as a "medium performance" card for Diablo III. The 6450 is rated as "low performance". They can be found as low as $90 with rebate so I don't believe the $100 price difference is accurate.

I wouldn't rely on any integrated video to run the game well, not even the ones in the Intel i5s.

When it comes to ATI, the important thing to remember is the second number in the model number indicates relative performance in that series (the first #). So a 4670 turns out to be faster still than a 6450.

I can't really make any name brand recommendations, though I'm sure other users will. I can give you a link to a well-known gpu comparison chart though to help you decide. The cards at the top are the best performers, also the most expensive.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

The i5-2320 will do fine. Personally, Id build my own pc and not buy a pre-built unit. If you feel more comfortable going that route though, why not find one with a good gpu to start? Getting a low end one usually means sacrificing in other areas too, areas you may need to upgrade later when upgrading the gpu, such as the psu.

If you know what you're doing and have the right hardware, overclocking a cpu lets you get a little more performance out of it beyond what the manufacturer intended. In your situation, I wouldn't worry about it, nor would I attempt it.

If they're factory overclocked, that's fine. It means they've already passed the testing needed to ensure they'll be ok running beyond the manufacturers recommended settings.

That's a decent mid-range card. I have one in my pc here at work.

If you just intend to play Blizzard games, I really can't recommend SLI/Crossfire setups (dual gpus) as none of our games are specifically coded to take advantage of it. Most people do experience performance gains but I question whether it's worth the extra cost involved. However, if you intend on playing games that do take advantage, by all means, it's worth considering, especially if you're a gamer wanting the absolute best performance.