"An unexpected error has occurred..."

• I have installed the game twice since I bought it, and both times I have been able to successfully play the game immediately after it installs. Unfortunately any time I try to open the game after that first session, it crashes with the message "An unexpected Error has occurred while updating required files. Please try again." I have turned off my anti virus and firewall software, I am connected to the internet by Ethernet cable, I've tried redownloading the agent and client files as well as reinstalling the game completely, and I'm out of ideas.

I am running on Mac OS X 10.6.8, please help
  • This error mainly occurs when you have FileVault/FileVault 2 enabled or have a case-sensitive HDD.

Do you have any of these options? These are not supported for installation.

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
  • Can you post a picture of when this error occurs, as this is the first time I've heard of this happening outside the installation process.

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
  • Thanks for the update about this. This does seem like a connection issue. If you can please answer the following to see if we can find some common factors.

1. Where are you connecting from? (Home, school/college, work, military, etc)
    2. How are you connected to the internet? (Wireless, ethernet to modem, ethernet to cable, etc)
    3. What type of connection are you on? (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Cellular, etc)
    4. Do you have any security applications? (PeerGuardian, Little Snitch, etc)